Saturday, February 6, 2010

Back In Line


My rather garish Palette Cardi has become my best friend during these cold, dark months of winter. The bright colors just make me happy. Slipping it on at the end of the day, just before throwing myself on the couch for the night, is like taking a trip to springtime. It has become my knitted bathrobe.
I never noticed that the front patterns were not aligned until I looked at the photographs I posted over on Ravelry. The patterns were way out of whack until I took advantage of a recent snowy Sunday morning to straighten them out. I had to take off the buttons-all 10 of them-and replace them in order for the horizontal patterns to meet where they should. I remember last summer counting the pattern stripes in the front bands and thinking how easy the button placement was going to be. Silly me.

No comments:

Post a Comment