Monday, January 26, 2009

A Daily Dose







In order to drive away the wicked winter blues I have been dragging out some of my most colorful fibers to play with. If you had asked me 3 weeks ago what my favorite season was I would have said without hesitation that is was winter. Today I am not so sure. Winter for us here in the Washington DC area means a few days of cold mixed with an equal number of mild days so dealing with whatever Mother Nature sends our way is usually not a problem. For several weeks however, we have been blasted with an unrelenting jet stream of cold air that has created the cruelest of conditions. Mercifully, yesterday we made it all the way back up to almost 60 degrees. We saw the sun again and it was good. Today though we are plunged back into the depth of bitter despair with another week or so of frigid misery ahead.







We have no snow here. Nothing to justify all this stinking cold. No snowmen or rosy cheeked children riding sleds down hills here. No winter wonderland. We have iced over mud and stiff winds that suck the breath right out of you. For the next few miserable days I am hiding inside and turning my attention to all my warm wooly wonders while dreaming of warmer days ahead. It's only about 100 days to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment