Monday, December 29, 2008

Any Excuse











As far as celebrations are concerned, if there are candles and fried foods involved, I am there. For many years, this little menorah was used at school as a part of the "holidays around the world" lessons that were allowed in late December. When such things became discouraged and then forbidden, I had to give it a home. I couldn't just drop it in the dumpster. It is my rescue menorah. Each year it does its job at my house in spite of its political incorrectness in the public schools. The little candles light up the dark days of December and reminds us that no matter who, and no matter where, all things celebrated are good.

Besides, how could you not love something that has such a beautiful blessing:

Blessed are You, Lord our God, King of the universe, who has kept us alive, and has preserved us, and enabled us to reach this time.




No comments:

Post a Comment