Friday, December 19, 2008

Another Wet Christmas




I just discovered that it is really hard to take pictures of rain at night. Trying to capture our dismal blend of mist and muck is impossible. I wanted all you people across the entire US of A to see that while you are getting your mountains of snow, we here in the nation's capital are having our usual soggy, gray holiday. The lights illuminating the mud and gloom only make matters worse. Tonight's news reports have tried in vain to make me feel sorry for y'all. I know you have to dig out and that getting around is difficult, but where the hell do you all have to go? I would love to have an excuse to sit by the fire knowing that all the holiday insanity was on hold and that I didn't have to make some lame excuse to get out of it.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, staying in when it is snowing and icing is nice. The problem is that not everywhere in the world is like DC. Nothing shuts down here. We got 6 inches of ice and snow 2 days ago and I still had to take exams at 8am. It's not a lot of fun digging your car out of 2 inches of solid ice in 10 degree weather when you have an exam in 30 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Zak! You are right, we are spoiled here because every snow event is treated like a national holiday.

    ReplyDelete